Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Professional Photographers

For this assignment, I chose two photographers that I had never heard of before. The first photographer is Michael Kenna. Kenna takes tons of photos, mainly black and white landscapes. Michael Kenna has various picture books and has also won 6 different awards for his professional photos. I chose Michael Kenna for this report because I, too, enjoy taking fun pictures of landscapes. The most unique thing that I found from Kenna's website was that he take pictures all over the world. I chose two of my favorites from his many picture albums.

Safdar Jang


This photo caught my attention because of all of the tiny details in it. The building itself is beautiful, with all of the pillars, windows, and intricate designs. I personally love the reflection of the building in the water. We can also see maybe some fog coming off of the very still and calm water. 

East 40th Street, New York City, USA


I really enjoyed this photo as well because of its many details. I love the look of New York City at night; the city never sleeps! As stated before, I like taking pictures of landscapes, and I thought that this was the perfect landscape to showoff for Michael Kenna. 


For my next photographer, I chose Kevin Irby. Irby shoots cool pictures and then turns them into cooler pictures by putting 2 together. The two photos that I chose for this photographer are some that I thought were the most interesting of his. 

           

Is Your Boss Spying on You?

I found this picture to be kind of funny. I picked it because I thought it was put together nicely with the boss standing on the wall ad the worker sitting at her desk thinking she's being spied on. 


I really like this photo because it is so simple. I think that the red wall against the gentleman's suit makes the guy stick out more. Overall, I just really liked the simplicity that Kevin Irby used in this photo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment