Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Patterns!


For this assignment, I chose do take pictures of things inside. My nature photos aren't actually outside, but I still took pictures of plants that are inside the house.

These first pictures are of the stained glass behind the cross at church. I thought that this would be the perfect example of patterns, as stained glass is all about patterns.


I really like the way that this picture turned out. I think that the cross pulled out the colors of the stained glass and made the picture work well. 

I decided to take a similar picture and turn it black and white. This has more than one pattern in it; the stained glass as well as the bricks behind the alter in the church. 


These next photos are all of indoor plants that we have in our house. I shot a bunch of them and then chose some of the best ones to edit. 

I really like the way that this one turned out-the veins in the leaf really stick out because they are naturally pink. Also, the focus in this picture is in the very middle of the leaf. This pattern was cool because there are larger veins and then smaller veins in this one leaf. 



I thought that this was a fun picture, too, because the only really focused part is on the bottom of the leaf. This photo was much larger, so I cropped it to make it focus on just that one part of the leaf. The pattern here is the veins in the leaf, and the patterns repeat on the other leaf in the photograph.

1 comment: