Thursday, April 25, 2013

CD Covers: Lil' Ant



My genre of music for the CD designs was Hip Hop, otherwise known as rap music. This type of genre consists of stylized rhythmic music that accompanies rapping. This was developed as part of hip hop culture: MCing or Rapping, DJing, break dancing, or graffiti writing. Some of the instruments that go with this type of music are rapping, drums, sampler, guitar, bass, piano, beat-boxing, or vocals.

Some different types of Hip Hop include Jungles, drum & bass, trip hop, grime, break beat, hardcore, neosoul, and big beat.

Hip Hop originally started in Africa, then moved to the US in New York City. DJ Kool Herc was named as the Father of Hip Hop, as he was one of the first Hip Hoppers. HIp Hop is a generally new type of music, being just 30 years old.

Some actual artists include Lil' Wayne, Eminem, Snoop Dog, Usher, and Chris Brown. A few song examples include "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore as well as "Suit and Tie" by Justin Timberlake.

These photographs that I shot are what most other hip-hop artists do for their poses in their pictures. I chose to use the Gangster hat because it seems very fitting for the genre as well. Many artists don't have much expression to their faces, so I chose "neutral" type poses with his face.

I did run into a few issues with this project. I had the back cover done, and I accidentally deleted it, so I had to redo it. :( I also had a really tough time getting Anthony to focus without actually playing the drums to take these pictures. Oh well. Other than that, I thought that this was a very fun project.

Cover



Inside


Back





























1 comment:

  1. The front is very good-nice composition and the text looks good. The back is the wrong size (6"x4.75") but okay. The middle is good, but I would caution angled text-it doesn't match the rest of the text as well.

    ReplyDelete